Happy Halloween! I hope you all have a fun and safe night tonight. I have another way to use up left over Halloween candy, in these simply caramel filled brownies.
Did you know Milky Way makes a candy bar called Simply Caramel? They are just like Milky Way bars minus the nougat. I love them. Plus, they make an awesome filling for a brownie and that is what I did with them!
You just need a boxed brownie mix plus the ingredients to make them along with 8 Milky War Simply Caramel Bars and 1/3 cup chocolate chips! These simply caramel filled brownies are so easy to put together and look gourmet.
Just prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions.
Spread half of the brownie batter into a 8 x8 inch pan that has been lined with foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Then you bake it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
After the base bakes, you top it with the Simple Caramel Milky Way bars. You place them in 2 rows of 4 fun sized bars. Then you place the pan back for 5 minutes to soften the candy bars. Next you use a fork to slightly smash the softened candy bars. Now it’s time to pour the rest of the brownie batter over the candy bars. Last you sprinkle the chocolate chips over the batter.
the brownies then go back in to oven to cook for 25 minutes until they pass the toothpick test. Allow the brownies to cool completely. Then you can remove the brownies from the pan using the foil and cut into squares.
- FUDGE BROWNIE MIX PLUS THE INGREDIENTS LISTED ON THE BOX TO MAKE THEM
- FUN SIZED MILKY WAY SIMPLY CARAMEL BARS
- SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Simply Caramel Filled Brownies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 18.3 oz box fudge brownie mix plus the ingredients listed on the box to make them
- 8 fun sized Milky way Simply Caramel Bars
- ⅓ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 8 x 8 inch baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Spread half on the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. This will help make a base to hold the caramel layer.
- Place 2 rows of 4 Simply Caramel bars on the cooked layer.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes to slightly melt the candy bars.
- Remove from the oven a use a fork to lightly smash the candy bars.
- Pour remaining brownie mix over the smashed candy bars. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Test with a toothpick.
- Allow brownies to cool. Remove from pan using foil lining and cut into bars. Makes 9-12.
Recipe adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.