I have one last recipe for you today to use up your leftover Halloween candy. This one uses one of my all time favorite candy bars. It also happens to be my family’s favorite too – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
I decided to mix them with another favorite treat at our house – Cherrio Treats. I switched out the Cheerios for Cocoa Krispies and mixed in some cut up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. You end up with No Bake Reese’s Krispie Treats. It’s ooey gooey chocolate and peanut butter goodness!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 5 cups Coco Krispies
- 6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, cut up
- In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add peanut butter and vanilla to mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add Cocoa Krispies and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and mix until all coated.
- Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool. Enjoy. (I get about 2 dozen from this recipe. It all just depends on how big you make them.)
Recipe adapted from Oh Sweet Basil.