I must admit I am not a huge fan of Rolo candy on their own. I do however love them if they are used in something. Today’s candy recipe is a quick and easy rolo cake mix cookie bars recipe that uses Rolos in them.
I mean you really can’t lose with a cookie bar with pockets of chocolate and gooey caramel. It does make it even better since this cookie is made using a cake mix! This will come together in no time. Most of the prep time is spend cutting the Rolos in half. Then you have to wait for these rolo cake mix cookie bars to come out of the oven! Once you get past that it is cookie bar heaven.:)
- 1 (18.25 oz) pkg. vanilla cake mix (yellow or white can also be used)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 40 Rolo candies, cut in half (each into 2 half moon shapes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter. Blend with a mixer until it becomes a thick and sticky dough.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared 9 x13 pan.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until appears set.
- Top base with Rolos placing them cut side down.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the remaining dough over the Rolo candies.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until top of the bars begin to get golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares. Makes 12-16 bars.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups.