I must admit I am not a huge fan of Rolo candy on their own. I do however love them if they are used in something. Today’s candy recipe is a quick and easy rolo cake mix cookie bars recipe that uses Rolos in them.
I mean you really can’t lose with a cookie bar with pockets of chocolate and gooey caramel. It does make it even better since this cookie is made using a cake mix! This will come together in no time. Most of the prep time is spend cutting the Rolos in half. Then you have to wait for these Rolo cake mix cookie bars to come out of the oven! Once you get past that, it is cookie bar heaven.:)
You begin by mixing a vanilla cake mix with some evaporated milk and melted butter. Take half of the mixture and press it into a 9 x13 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You then will bake this at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes.
Next you place the Rolos over the base with the cut side down. Then you drop spoonful’s of the remaining dough over the bas and Rolos. Then these go back in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.
- VANILLA CAKE MIX (YELLOW OR WHITE CAN ALSO BE USED)
- EVAPORATED MILK
- ROLO CANDIES
Rolo Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 18.25 oz pkg. vanilla cake mix (yellow or white can also be used)
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 40 Rolo candies cut in half (each into 2 half moon shapes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter. Blend with a mixer until it becomes a thick and sticky dough.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the prepared 9 x13 pan.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until appears set.
- Top base with Rolos placing them cut side down.
- Drop small spoonfuls of the remaining dough over the Rolo candies.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until top of the bars begin to get golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares. Makes 12-16 bars.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups.