Spaghetti is another one of those staple meals that I am sure every family enjoys as part of their regular dinners. Sure you can open a bottle of sauce, but with a little extra time you can have an amazingly fresh tasting sauce. This simple meatless spaghetti sauce does begin canned tomatoes to give you a quick and easy start, but with a few fresh ingredients along with some seasonings you have a simple but fresh tasting spaghetti sauce.
You cook some onion with a little olive oil. Then you add some garlic and cook until fragrant. Next, you will add in some balsamic vinegar, sugar, fresh basil, tomato paste, Italian Seasoning, and crushed tomatoes. The best part, it all comes together in 15 minutes after you allow it to simmer. Serve up over cooked spaghetti noodles or any other of your favorite pasta,
I served this spaghetti up paired with a side of cheesy garlic bread. You can find that recipe on the blog tomorrow.
- OLIVE OIL
- BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- FRESH BASIL
- TOMATO PASTE
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- CRUSHED TOMATOES
- PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- parmesan cheese for serving
- In a stock pot, add oil and onion. Sauté until onion is tender. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in vinegar, sugar, basil, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and tomatoes. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe adapted from Krista Numbers.