As promised, I have another giveaway to share with you today. I have shared a recipe with you before for beef roast using Shirley J’s beef slow cooker seasoning mix. Well the folks at Shirley J’s have been nice enough to offer their BBQ sauce mix to 3 of you. They also sent some for me to try out and I created a yummy Shirley J BBQ Ribs recipe with it.
I used the same method for the ribs as I shared in yesterday’s post, but seasoned the meat with the Shirley J bbq sauce mix like a dry rub. Then I basted them with a sauce made using the same mix blended with some root beer. The results were fabulous.
So to enter this giveaway, hop on over to Shirley J’s then come back and tell me which of their products you would like to try. Then come back here and leave a comment of which product you want to try. that’s it. You have until Tuesday May 25 at 10 pm (MST) to enter. I will announce the winner on Wednesday May 26 and notify them by email.
- SOY SAUCE
- BABY BACK RIBS
- SHIRLEY J BBQ SAUCE MIX
- ROOT BEER (I USED THE MUG BRAND)
Shirley J BBQ Ribs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 3 lbs. baby back ribs
- ½ cup Shirley J BBQ sauce mix plus extra to season ribs
- 1 ⅓ cup root beer just a little less than a can I used the MUG brand
- Season ribs with Shirley J BBQ seasoning. You want a good even coating. Place ribs in fridge for 2 hours.
- In a broiler pan, place the water and soy sauce in the bottom of the pan. Place the insert of the boiler pan on the pan. Your gonna create a nice steam bath for this ribs.
- Place ribs on the pan. Completely cover the ribs in the pan with aluminum foil. You want it nice and sealed to keep that steam in there. Cook in a 200 degree preheated oven for 4-6 hours. low and slow is the trick here folks.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine the root beer and 1/2 cup Shirley J BBQ Sauce Mix together and simmer for five minutes. Set aside until ribs finish in oven.
- Remove ribs from pan and brush all over with about 2/3 cup of the bbq sauce.
- Place the ribs on a preheated grill. We keep the temp in between high and sear. You want to get the sauce to coat the ribs and get a little charred. Cook for just a few minutes on each side. Serve with remaining sauce. Enjoy. Serves 4.