Monster cookies are delicious but they also happen to be gluten free. This recipe for sheet pan monster cookie bars helps make it even easier to make these tasty cookies.
I feel less guilty when I eat these cookies because they do include some healthy ingredients. You can find peanut butter, old fashioned oats, and quick oats in these. These ingredients also make these cookies filling.
My regular monster cookies recipe includes butterscotch chips. This recipe does not. I think I prefer the all chocolate version. However, you could always swap out 1 cup of the mini chocolate chips for butterscotch chips if you want that added layer of flavor.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups mini m&m’s
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter. Mix until fluffy and pale in color. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Add in the oats and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Add in the m&m’s and chocolate chips (reserve some for top of bars if wanted). Stir together until combined.
- Pour dough onto the cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the reserved m&m’s and chocolate chips on top (if wanted). Press down slightly into dough.
- Bake at 350 degress for 17-20 minutes. The edges will be lightly browned and the middle will still look pale and underdone, but it will finish baking as it cools. Allow to cool for at least an hour.
This recipe is adapted from Together As Family.