For a while there has been a trend for one pot or one skillet meals. Everyone loves the idea of only one pan to clean after making dinner like this sheet pan dijon chicken.
Well, now there is a new trend happening, sheet pan meals. The whole meal is cooked on a sheet pan. The extra good thing about this is you can line your pan with foil and essentially have no clean up at all!
So today I am sharing my first try at a sheet pan meal. This meal includes chicken with potatoes and broccoli.
The chicken and broccoli gets coated in a honey Dijon mixture that is so delicious. I especially love it on the broccoli. You could always just make the broccoli to go with any other meal, it’s just that good!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 coves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, halved
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to even thickness
- 1 lb or so of broccoli florets
- In a bowl, whisk together 1 lb olive oil with the honey, mustard, garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- In a gallon sized bag add half of the sauce along with the chicken. Seal the bag and knead the chicken to get nicely coated with the sauce. Allow to sit in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with heavy duty foil.
- Place the potatoes on the lined sheet pan. Drizzle the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over the potatoes. Toss to coat and season with salt. Then arrange the potatoes to cover half of the sheet pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and give the potatoes a stir. Lay the chicken breasts over the top of the potatoes.
- Place the broccoli of the over half of the sheet pan and drizzle with the remaining half of the sauce.
- Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender. Serves 4.