I do have a couple of homemade clam chowder recipes that I love. Homemade is always best! However, this semi homemade slow cooker version is still pretty darn good when you consider how simple it is to make.
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of potato soup
- 2 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 (6.5 oz) can minced clams
- To your slow cooker, add the potato soup, milk, onion, bacon, thyme, and cream cheese. Then add in the juice from one can of the clams. Save the opened can of clams in the fridge for later. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on love for 6-8 hours.
- Then add in the open can of clams. Drain the other can and add those in to. Stir to combine. Let sit for about 5 minutes to warm the clams and serve. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from The Magical Slow Cooker.