Grab your sheet pan, you are gonna want these sheet pan breakfast stacks. It’s a way to get all the things you like for breakfast into one pile or stack.
The base of these stacks is tater tots. I really think that sweet potato tots would work just as well if you prefer those. You are going to arrange those tots into 4 squares made fom 12 tots each. Then you partial cook them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Next, you press down the center of each square with the back of the spoon. Think of it like a crust, where the edges are higher than the center.
Then you use half of the cheese and sprinkle in the indented part of the crust. Now, comes the breakfast meat. You can use cook and crunble baco or sausage of finely diced ham. You can use whatever you like.
Then break one of the eggs into a bowl. Then careful pour the egg into the center of one of the stacks. You want the yolk to stay in the center and the white can just run over the stack. The white kind of becomes a glue to hold the stack together. Stinkle the stacks with a little salt and pepper. Last is a sprinkle of the remaining cheese.
You can cook these sheet pan breakfast stacks anywhere from 6-10 minutes depending on how hard you want the yolk. Once the stacks or cooked the finishing touch is a sprinkling of diced green onion. Pair these stack with some toast and you are set!Print
- 48 tater tots
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 6 slics of cooked and crumble bacon (6 oz of cooked and crumbled sausage or finely diced ham will also work)
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Then cover a sheet pan with parchment or spray with non-cooking spray.
- Arrange 12 tater tots into 4 separate squares on the sheet pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and with the back of a spoon, gently press the center of each tater tot square making a slight indentation.
- Use ½ cup of cheese and spinkle some in the center of each tater tot square. Sprinkle the bacon, sausage, or ham over the cheese.
- Carefully crack one egg into a bowl. Then pour into the center of each stack allowing the egg white to spread over the tater tots. Season with salt and black to your taste.
- Sprinkle the tops of each egg with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake at 425 degrees for an additional 6-10 minutes until the egg is cooked to your preference. Sprinkle with green onion. Serves 4.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen.