This sausage and potato bake is another great breakfast dish for you and it would be great for Mother’s Day too. The original recipe calls for sausage, but I also make it with ham.
I adapted the recipe from one I found in the coupon section of my Sunday paper years ago. The original came from Swift Premium Brown and Serve Sausage. It has been a family favorite ever since.
- BROWN AND SERVE SAUSAGE PATTIES OR LINKS (OR USE 2-3 CUPS FULLY COOKED HAM, DICED)
- 3 ½ CUP FROZEN HASH BROWNS (I PREFER THE CUBE TYPE HASHBROWNS IN THIS)
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- DRIED MUSTARD
- 2 packages brown and serve sausage patties or links, thawed (or use 2–3 cups fully cooked ham, diced)
- 3 ½ cup frozen hash browns (I prefer the cube type hashbrowns in this)
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 6 large beaten eggs
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 11x 7x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cut thawed sausage into slices (patties into quarters).
- Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl. Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes (takes 60 in my oven) or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Serves 8-12.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in March 2016.