Usually, when I think of quiche, I tend to think of a quiche lorraine. You know, the kind that includes bacon, ham, and swiss cheese. Well, this sausage and green onion quiche version is just as delicious!
This all begins with a frozen pie crust. My favorite one is the Marie Calendar’s brand. Then, you will need to brown up some breakfast sausage. Use your favorite kind. When the sausage is browned, you will add in some green onions and cook for 1 more minute. Now, you will put half of the sausage into the crust, followed by 1/2 of the cheese. Next, you will layer on the remaining sausage.
After that, it’s time for the egg mixture. You will add in some eggs, half and half, garlic salt, pepper, and ground mustard to a bowl. Bring on the whisk, and whisk it all together until will blended. Pour it over the sausage. Now, the last of the cheese will go all over the top. The final step is to bake this delicious quiche!
You’ll want to take a look at it about 30 minutes into the baking time. If the top starts to get too brown, you just place a piece of foil on top. Be sure to stop by tomorrow, I’ll be sharing the potato side dish that I serve with this sausage and green onion quiche!Print
- 1 9-inch unbaked deep dish frozen pie crust
- 8 oz mild breakfast sausage
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie shell on cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown sausage until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease. Add the green onion and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Spread ½ sausage mixture in pie shell and sprinkle with ½ cheese. Spread remaining sausage in pie shell.
- In a bowl, whisk together half and half, eggs, garlic salt, pepper, and ground mustard.
- Pour evenly over sausage. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set when gently shaken. Check at 30 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning if needed.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm. serves 6-8.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Melissa’s Southern Style Kitchen.