I love fresh pineapple! I also love it when it is roasted or grilled. It has also been on sale recently at several local grocery stores and I just had to get one. I used it to make this delicious and simple roasted pineapple sundae.
It looks elegant enough that you could even serve it to guests. Delish! All you need is some pineapple, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla ice cream. You will need to cut your fresh pineapple into slices. Then you melt the butter.
Next, you place the pineapple slices on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle half of the melted butter over the pineapple followed with a sprinkling of half the brown sugar. Now the pineapple goes into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
When the 10 minutes is up, you will flip over the slices of pineapple. Repeat the drizzling with the remaining butter along with a sprinkle of the other half of the brown sugar. You will roast it for another 5-10 minutes. Then it’ time to serve it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for each pineapple ring. There will be juices in the pan then you can drizzle on top.
- RINGS OF FRESH PINEAPPLE
- BROWN SUGAR
- VANILLA ICE CREAM
Roasted Pineapple Sundae
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 rings of fresh pineapple
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan/sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place rings on baking sheet and drizzle with half of the melted butter and sprinkle with half of the brown sugar. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn over with tongs and top with remaining butter and sugar. Bake until juices are bubbling and pineapple is light gold, another 5 to 10 minutes. Set on wire rack to cool.
- Serve each ring with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with juices left in the pan if desired.