Sometimes the most simple of dishes can be the best. Today’s recipe falls into that category. It is a breaded chicken but what you bread it with makes it so yummy. My kids loved this one. The breading is delicious and the chicken is moist! What more can I say? I also served it up with onion and chive mashed potatoes.Print
- 4 chicken breasts, each cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/8 cup of milk
- chopped chives or green onion, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the Ritz cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Dip pieces of chicken in the 1/4 cup melted butter, followed by coating them in the cracker mixture and place them in the sprayed baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown and the edges are crispy.
- While chicken bakes, place the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, and milk in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until heated through and well combined. This will be a sauce used to serve over the chicken.
- To serve, place 2 pieces of chicken on each plate and top with the sauce and sprinkle with chopped chives or green onion if desired. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.