For the past few years, I have enjoyed having a lemon week in the Spring on my blog. This week is the week. I thought it would be perfect to share these recipes right before Mother’s Day. We are starting off the week today with a savory Lemon Breaded Chicken recipe. However, the rest of the week will be lemon recipes that are on the sweet side.
Today’s recipe is a basic breaded chicken with some lemon zest added to the breading. You would be surprised at how amazing a breaded chicken can taste with the addition of a little lemon zest!
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine together the bread crumbs and lemon zest.
- Place flour in another bowl. Place beaten eggs in another bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then dip chicken in flour, flowed by dipping in the egg, then dipping in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place enough canola in the bottom of a skillet to coat the pan. Then cook chicken about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.