This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of REESE’S® Brand for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Peanut butter and chocolate were meant to go together. They really do make a winning team. It is also almost time to pick a winning team as college basketball’s championship season approaches. It’s a great time to get together with friends and family for some fun.
Times like these are made perfect with the winning combination of REESE’S products and their everyday affordable prices from Walmart. They are joining together and creating the REESE’S® Baking Bracket Challenge promotion to help make game day perfect.
With that challenge, they are sharing 32 fun REESE’S recipes and I was asked to create one of them. Then, the recipes will compete bracket-style. The winner of the recipe contest will get $2,500. Plus, the fans who vote for the winning recipe will be entered to win a daily prize of a $100 Walmart Gift Card!
When deciding on a recipe to include, it needed to be amazing. So, I took one of my favorite peanut butter cookies and added some chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. Then, I topped them with hunks of mini REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups and a drizzle of melted milk chocolate to finish them off. I think I came up with a slam dunk of a cookie. Perfect for dunking in a cold glass of milk!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts
- 32 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, each cut into 4 pieces **
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, and flour.
- Fold in 1 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips along with the chopped peanuts.
- Using and ice cream scoop, scoop dough (these are big cookies). Place 6 scoops of dough on ungreased cookie sheet. Use your hand and slightly flatten each scoop of dough. Cook for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove cookies from oven and lightly press 8 cut up pieces of the Reese’s peanut butter cups over the top of each cookie. Return to oven for 2 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes before placing on cooling rack.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20-40 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and allow chocolate to set. Makes 18 cookies.
** Reese’s Pieces can be used in place of the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Place 10-12 Reese’s Pieces on each cookie just as you would the peanut butter cups.
Be sure to visit the REESE’S® Baking Bracket Challenge to vote for my REESE’S Slam Dunk Peanut Butter Cookies using REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups! Come on, you want me to be this years champ, right? I am in match up 13. Plus, YOU could win for voting! You can also find even more yummy Game Day Recipes here!