I am always looking for a new way to serve chicken like this baked pesto chicken. Now, I tend to have a hard time with having new ways to serve chicken breasts by them selves. I can always find a good way to shred it and serve it in a dish or use it in a casserole or soup. Finding new ways to use it as a stand alone dish is hard.
I was so excited when I saw a simple way to make it using pesto. It is probably one of my favorite ingredients to keep on hand now. Now in order to make this a quick dish, I used chicken tenders. You could do the same thing with chicken breasts but will need to double the cooking time.
I love the punch of flavor that pesto offers. That is why you can get way with only 3 ingredients for this recipe. Plus, the chicken was moist and tender! The family loved this dish and was wishing I had more to serve, but I had to set some aside to take the picture for all of you to see. 🙂
Baked Pesto Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 12-14 chicken tenders
- ½ cup basil pesto there are other pesto flavor that you could also try
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread half of the basil pesto over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the chicken the baking dish in one layer.
- Spread the remaining pesto over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken cooked.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the cheese on top of the chicken. Put dish back into the oven, uncovered, and cook 5 minutes more until the cheese is melted. Serves 6.
Adapted From Mommy of a Monster.