Butter, garlic and parmesan cheese are ingredients that I usually always have on hand. Add in some fresh parsley, orzo pasta and a little milk and you have an easy tasty garlic parmesan orzo side dish.
If you have never used orzo pasta before it looks like rice before you cook it. Once cooked it it increases in size and looks like flat oval shapes. It is a fun pasta to use.
Garlic Parmesan Orzo
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add orzo to the boiling water and cook stirring occasionally for 11 minutes, you want the pasta cooked but firm to the bite. Drain.
- In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Then add garlic and cook until lightly brown. Be careful to only brown the garlic and not burn it.
- Then add the remaining ingredients along with the cooked orzo to the butter and garlic. Stir to combine and serve. Serve 4.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.