There is no reason not to make your own homemade caramel sauce when it takes less than 5 minutes.
Well, this quick microwave caramel sauce is exactly what I have for you today to celebrate national caramel day with tomorrow along with Easter! This homemade caramel really couldn’t be easier. Then you have a delish caramel sauce you can drizzle on just about anything (ice cream, crepes, etc) or just eat by the spoonful.
Only tip I have for you when making this is to use fresh brown sugar. It will dissolve much better in this sauce if it is fresh.
Also as part of National Caramel Day, I have teamed up with some other fabulous bloggers #CelebratingFood2015 . So there are 10+ other ways to enjoy ooey gooey caramely goodness today! I am sure you’ll want to grab a recipe and celebrate.
Quick Microwave Caramel Sauce
Real Mom Kitchen
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a 8-cup glass measure or deep microwaveable bowl, combine butter, sugar, and cream together. Whisk until well blended.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and stir. Then microwave for 1-2 more minutes thickened. Serve warm. Makes 1 1/3 cups. Store in a sealed container for up to one week.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake from Ashlee Marie
- Homemade Snickers Bars from Butter With A Side of Bread
- Frozen Caramel Crunch Torte from Creations by Kara
- Carmelitas from Cupcake Diaries
- Lightened Up Coconut Caramel Ice Cream Pie from Happy Food Healthy Life
- Crunchy Coconut Caramel Popcorn from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Salted Caramel Sauce from Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pastry from Summer Scraps
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream from Tried and Tasty
More Caramel Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Caramel Dip
- Oatmeal Chocolate and Caramel Bars
- Simply Caramel Filled Brownies
- Chewy Caramel Popcorn Balls
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies
- Salted Caramel-Stuffed Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- Crispy Orange Baked French Toast with Caramel Syrup
- Caramel Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- Caramel Peaches
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn
- Banana Caramel Coconut Crepes
- Caramel Corn Pops
- Double Chocolate Caramel Turtle Treats
- Rolo Cake Mix Cookie Bars