Your gonna love this new quick and easy baked chicken recipe that I have for ya today. It is made using chicken tenders which is what helps make this quick. You can always use breasts instead but they will take longer to cook. It will actually take about twice as long to cook.
The recipe also uses a spice mixture called Herb de Provence. If you don’t have it on hand, I did include a recipe on how to make your own.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 15 chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, add the salt, pepper, garlic, Herbs de Provence, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil. Knead bag to combine.
- Add chicken to the bag and seal. Knead chicken around in the bag to coat well with the spice mixture.
- Pour the broth in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Add chicken to the dish.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees. Serves 4-5.
Don’t have Herbs de Provence – you can use this recipe to make your own.
3 Tablespoons dried marjoram
3 Tablespoons dried thyme
3 Tablespoons dried savory
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
If using chicken breast instead of tenders, you will need to cook for about 45 minutes.
You could also thicken the juices let if the pan to make gravy but I didn’t try it.
Recipe adapted from Mommy of a Monster.