Today’s recipe is one that I created just for all of you for pumpkin week. It is deliciously easy pumpkin recipe cupcakes topped with a buttercream frosting made using Biscoff Spread. Now if you haven’t heard of Biscoff cookies before, you are missing out.
My first encounter with a Biscoff cookie was on a Delta flight.
From that time forward I always looked forward to anytime I got to fly on Delta just so I could savor the cookies. It is a nice and crisp cookie made with brown sugar and spicy cinnamon. It is an amazing cookie that is also known as Europe’s favorite cookie with coffee for decades. Its popularity began in the US when it was served onboard airplanes.
I was thrilled to discover one day that I could purchase the cookies at my local Walgreen’s. I actually used the cookies last year to make the crust to a spectacular pumpkin cheesecake. As I was transferring the cooled cheesecake to the refrigerator, it ended upside down on my kitchen floor. I was ready to scream! At that point, I have to admit, I sample the part of the cheesecake that wasn’t touching the floor. I wasn’t going to let all that hard work be wasted without even tasting my masterpiece.
Anyway, when I saw that Biscoff had now come out with a spread, I had to find it.
I found it at my local Walmart. I also discovered that they carry the cookies there too. After purchasing it, I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for. The combination of pumpkin with Biscoff was a winner before in my wasted cheesecake, so why not make something with that combination again. I thought a pumpkin cupcake with a frosting made with the spread would be perfect.
The cupcakes were amazing. The pumpkin was complimented well with the buttery brown sugar and cinnamon flavor from the frosting. I had others sample my creation and it was well received by all who sampled it. To finish off the cupcake, I topped them with some crushed Biscoff cookies. The deep amber color of the cookie perfectly matches the color of the pumpkin cupcakes. So not only do they taste amazing but I think they look delish!
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Biscoff Buttercream
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil I used canola
- 1 can 15 ounces solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- ¾ cup Biscoff spread
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 Biscoff cookies crushed (optional for garnish)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon; add to pumpkin mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the butter and Biscoff spread into a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until well blended.
- Add half the powdered sugar, half the milk, and the Tbsp vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix until blended.
- Add the remaining sugar and milk. Mix until blended and the beat with mixer for 3 minutes until nice and fluffy. Add more milk if needed to received desired consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed Biscoff cookies if desired.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.