This is the last of the waffle recipes I have to share with you. These pecan waffles are a recipe that people will love or hate. You either love pecans or ya don’t. I just so happens that I love me some buttery pecans.
The waffle batter itself is fairly simple to make. You start by whisking the dry ingredients together – together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Then you will whisk together the wet ingredients which includes milk, egg, and vanilla. There is also butter that has been melted and then cooled.
This waffle has pecans in the waffle itself and then is topped with even more. To finish off the waffles, you add chopped pecans to maple syrup. Or you can top them to this spiced buttermilk syrup, which I think would be even better! It has more of a cinnamon caramel flavor to it. I made these in a Belgian waffle maker to make them more of a gourmet waffle. However, I regular waffle maker will also work just fine for these.
- BAKING POWDER
- MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp melted and cooled butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir just until combined then fold in 1/3 cup of the pecans.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
- Add remaining pecans to the syrup and serve over waffles. Makes 4-6 waffles.
Recipe adapted from Momtastic.