Think about a thick, rich, sweet and gooey hot fudge sauce. Now picture that but instead of it being chocolate flavored, think peanut butter. That is exactly what this peanut butter ice cream topping is. It’s thick, sweet, rich, ooey, gooey, peanut butter goodness. I could seriously eat this all by itself by the spoonful which I may or may not have done when I made this.
This is divine on top of vanilla ice cream sprinklde with some milk chocolate chips. Cut up Reese’s cups would even be better! Chocolate ice cream would also work well too. Or you can put it on top of anything else you think this yummy peanut butter goodness would be good this such as cheesecake! You peanut butter lovers will flip for this decadent peanut butter ice cream topping.
- SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK
- BUTTER (GOTTA BE THE REAL STUFF)
- CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER (YOU COULD DO CHUNK IF YOU PREFER)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butter (gotta be the real stuff)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (You could do chunk if you prefer)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Place all of the above ingredients in a sauce pan.Cook over medium heat until butter and peanut butter melt and are blended in with the sweetened condensed milk.
- Use the topping right then or cool and place into an airtight container. May be store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Adapted from In Katrina’s Kitchen, thanks girl!