Since July is National Ice Cream Month, his week I am focusing on ice cream, more specifically ice cream toppings. To begin the week, I am starting with a delicious creamy Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sauce.
If you are a peanut butter lover, you are going to absolutely LOVE this ice cream topping recipe. All you need is 5 minutes and 6 ingredients to enjoy this creamy goodness of this sauce over a cold bowl of creamy ice cream.
I love how this sauce turns out. It sticks to the ice cream as you drizzle it on top. It doesn’t run off the ice cream once you shower it with the peanut butter sauce. However, the sauce stays creamy and soft. This sauce would also work well to drizzle in to homemade ice cream before you place it in the freezer. It would be perfect!
I personally love it served over a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Then you get that delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a sauce pan, combine all of the ingredients together and cook over medium heat.
- Stir constantly and cook for about 2-3 minutes until all combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly before using. Leftover sauce can be placed in the refrigerator to store and warmed in the microwave before serving. Makes 1 cup.
Recipe adapted from Must Love Home.