Today’s cake mix recipe includes a classic combination – peanut butter and jelly. This recipe is a new family favorite. These Peanut Butter and Jelly Cake Mix Bars taste and look amazing. You really would never guess they are made with a cake mix. They look and taste gourmet. The layers are what make it that way.
I used Smucker’s new natural grape spread for the jelly portion of the recipe. It is one of our new favorite jellies/jams. However, if grape isn’t your thing, strawberry or raspberry jam would also be delicious.
- 1 pkg white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup grape jelly (or other favorite jam flavor)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, and peanut butter together until well combined.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture. Press the remaining amount of dough into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan. (I like to line my pan with foil before greasing for easy removal of the bars)
- Microwave jelly for 10-20 second until smooth and easy to spread. Spread over the dough in the pan.
- Mix the remaining 1/2 cup dough with the 1 cup peanut butter chips until the dough has reduced to to large crumbles.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the jelly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until it looks golden. I also test the center with a toothpick. Makes 9 bars.
Recipe adapted from The Gunny Sack.