Today’s cake mix recipe is for a simple cookie bar. These chocolate chip cake mix cookie bars are moist and chocolaty. Not only doe this recipe use a cake mix but it gets even more most with the addition of a package of pudding.
All you need to do is mix that boxed cake mix with a box of instant pudding mix in addition to some water oil and eggs. Once that is combined, you can mix in the chocolate chips. Spread this dough into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake!
They are called cookie bars but have more of a brownie like consistency. The great thing about these kind of recipes is you can change the cake mix flavor and the type of chips you use for a new version.
How about using a chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding mix with peanut butter chips? Or how about M & M candies in place of the chocolate chips? Or you could even use a devils food cake mix and fudge pudding mix with white chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless with these chocolate chip cake mix cookie bars.
- YELLOW CAKE MIX (I USED BETTY CROCKER)
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
- VEGETABLE OIL
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker
- 1 small 3.4 oz box instant vanilla pudding
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl,combine cake mix, pudding, water, vegetable oil, eggs and chips. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the dough into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until edges are golden and middle looks set. (I tested with a toothpick) Makes 15-20 bars.
Recipe adapted from Parent Pretty.