This week I am sharing recipes that are all made using a cake mix. These recipes are great to get the kids involved in the kitchen or for when you need an easy treat. Today is a simple peanut butter cake mix cookies recipe.
I actually made these cookies with my middle son. Peanut butter cookies are always a hit at my house and these were fast to make. You can always dress them up by dipping them halfway in melted chocolate or make cookie sandwiches with them. Just mix up some PB frosting to go in the middle.
One reason I love to make things using cake mixes is they always turn out soft and moist! These peanut butter cake mix cookies were both, just make sure to not over cook them or they will be crisp.
- YELLOW CAKE MIX
- CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- CANOLA OIL
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix together until well combined.
- Shape dough into small round balls and place on a cookie sheet. Using a fork, lightly flatten the balls making a criss cross pattern on the top.
- Bake all cookies at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes (check at 9 or 10 minutes to prevent over-browning). Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe adapted from Youth Literature Reviews.