It is Red, White, and Blue week here at RMK. I will be sharing recipes that will help you show your patriotism just in time for the 4th of July! First up is a great way to begin your day with Patriotic Oatmeal Waffles.
These waffles taste just like a bowl of hot oatmeal. I love to top my oatmeal with fresh fruit and that is exactly what we are doing with these waffles to make them Red, White, and Blue. They get topped with sliced strawberries, blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream! Don’t forget the syrup too. Since these waffles are made with oatmeal you will definitely walk away with a full belly. They are very filling! You will be all set for a day of fun after this breakfast.Print
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Now add the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture. Stir both together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add the amount of batter needed to the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cook accordingly.
- Top each waffle with the strawberry slices and blueberries followed by a drizzle of syrup and dollop of whipping cream.
The number of waffles made will vary by your waffle maker, but should range between 4 and 8.
Recipe adapted from Fake Ginger.