It is Red, White, and Blue week here at RMK. I will be sharing recipes that will help you show your patriotism just in time for the 4th of July! First up is a great way to begin your day with Patriotic Oatmeal Waffles.
These waffles taste just like a bowl of hot oatmeal. I love to top my oatmeal with fresh fruit and that is exactly what we are doing with these waffles to make them Red, White, and Blue. They get a topping of sliced strawberries, blueberries and a dollop of whipped cream! Don’t forget the syrup too.
Since these waffles include oatmeal, you will definitely walk away with a full belly. These Patriotic Oatmeal Waffles are very filling! You will be all set for a day of fun after this breakfast.Print
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Now add the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture. Stir both together until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add the amount of batter needed to the waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions and cook accordingly.
- Top each waffle with the strawberry slices and blueberries followed by a drizzle of syrup and dollop of whipping cream.
The number of waffles made will vary by your waffle maker, but should range between 4 and 8.
Recipe adapted from Fake Ginger.