Enchiladas for breakfast, yep, that’s what I have for you today. These overnight breakfast enchiladas are a fun way to serve up traditional breakfast ingredients.
Ham, green onion, and cheese get rolled up in tortillas. Then you pour and egg mixture over the rolled up enchiladas and put in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, you just just bake and sprinkle a little more cheese on top of the enchiladas. Bake for a little more and then you end up with an egg, ham, green onion, and cheese filled enchilada perfect to serve Dad on Father’s Day morning.
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 10 (8 in) flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. divided
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 6 eggs
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with baking spray.
- In a bowl, combine ham, green onion, and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Use a 1/3 cup of the ham mixture to roll up inside each tortillas and place in the prepared 9 x 13 pan.
- in another bowl, whisk together the flour, half and half, and eggs. Pour mixture over the wrapped enchiladas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake covered for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese and cook for 10 more minutes until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from Look Who’s Cooking Now.