Right now, time is really flying by for me. I can’t believe that it’s already going to be Father’s Day this Sunday!
Well, for this week, I have planned recipes that you can serve for Dad on Father’s Day. I decided to focus on breakfast recipes. I think it’s a good way to start off Father’s Day with a tasty breakfast.
We are starting off the week with a variation of a classic breakfast recipe – egg in a hole aka egg in a basket. This has the addition of the ingredients of cheese and ham. Also, this baked ham and egg toast is baked in the oven instead of cooked in a skillet on the stovetop. This way you can cook 6 at a time instead of one or two. There is just something about eggs paired with crisp buttery toast. Then add in ham and cheese ad you have something amazing but still pretty simple.
- 6 slices white bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread butter on both sides of the bread. Then cut out a 2 1/2 inch circle from the center of each slice.
- Place the cut out rounds on one baking sheet and the slices on the second tray.
- Bake both trays for 4-6 minutes ay 375 degrees or until the bottoms are golden brown. Turn each piece so the browned side is up.
- Crack an egg into the center of each bread slice then sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- Bake both trays for 5-8 minutes or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are runny. The amount of time will depend on how runny you like your yolk, Keep and eye the rounds and if they are getting too brown before the eggs are done, pull them from the oven. Serves 6.
- Garnish eggs with parsley and serve with rounds for dipping.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Moosey.