With a few ingredients and about 30 minutes, you can enjoy these easy and delicious oven baked meatball subs. Italian meatballs are surrounded by marinara sauce and cheese.
These meatballs, sauce, and cheese are incased in hoagie rolls. The process of baking these subs in the oven produces and amazing result with the bread. You get a light cripiness of the out side and a soft chewiness on the inside. You are going to love these.
Oven Baked Meatball Subs
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 16 Italian meatballs thawed
- 1 ⅓ cup marinara sauce
- 4 Tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice hoagie rolls in the middle, on top, but not all the way through. Place hoagies in a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet side by side. Line the dish or baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of marinara sauce on the bottom of each hoagie and sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
- Place 4 meatballs in each roll. Spread a little more marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Generously spread shredded Mozzarella cheese over each hoagie and sprinkle each with some ov the dry oregano.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4 sub sandwiches.
This recipe is adapted from Will Cook for Smiles.