These cheddar dill corn muffins are a fun change from regular cornbread. This muffin has corn kennels mixed into the batter for added flavor and texture.
The cheese pairs perectly with the corn flavor. I reccomend using a sharp cheddar. That gives you the most punch of cheesy flavor. The dill adds flavor and sweetness.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup corn kernals (thawed if frozen)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp dill weed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and milk/ Slowly drizzle in the melted butter while whisking. Stir in the corn and shredded cheese.
- Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until just moistened.
- Divide batter into 12 greased muffin cups, filling 2/3’s of the way full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center tests clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack for 10 minutes before taking out of pans.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes one dozen muffins.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from A Latte with Ott, A.