This Rice-A-Roni chicken casserole is a great way to jazz up a box of chicken flavored Rice-A-Roni. My family loves Rice-A-Roni as a side and it workes well as a main dish too.
The rice is mixed with shredded chicken, artichoke hearts, celery, green onion, red pepper, and mayonnaise. Then, it all gets topped with shredded cheese and baked in the oven. it’s all terrific combination when combined together!
- 1 (6.9 oz) box chicken flavored Rice-A-Roni, prepared to pkg directions
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or chopped
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained but reserve 1/4 cup of liquid
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the prepared Rice-a-roni along with chicken, artichokes, reserved liquid from the artichokes, celery, green onion, bell pepper, and mayonnaise. Mix all together.
- Sperad the mixture into a 9×9 baking dish. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warmed through. Seves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from No Biggie.