I must say I am and huge Nutella fan. So, I could not miss out on celebrating World Nutella Day with Nutella Buttercream Frosting!
World Nutella Day is conveniently timed before Valentine’s Day, as it pairs well with the holiday.
So to celebrate, I have this tasty Nutella buttercream frosting. You can put it on whatever you heart desires. For the photo I put it on some cake mix cupcakes that I doctor up! Even my husband who isn’t a fan of Nutella devoured them.
To make the forsting, beat the butter and powdered sugar together until combined. Next, add in the Nutella and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
If you need it, you can a little milk to get the desired consistency. However, I didn’t need any. This recipe makes enough frosting to frost 2 dozen cupcakes.
Now the Nutella goodness doesn’t stop there. I joined my #CelebratingFood2016 bloggers to give you more delicious ways to celebrate this amazing day. I’m sure you can find something that will strike your fancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use any brand of hazelnut spread instead of Nutella?
You can try other hazelnut spreads, but they may taste and feel slightly different than Nutella.
What desserts can I use Nutella buttercream frosting on?
You can use Nutella frosting on many desserts like cakes, brownies, cookies, and macarons as a filling.
Can I adjust the sweetness of Nutella buttercream frosting?
Yes, you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less powdered sugar to suit your taste preferences. You can also balance the sweetness with a pinch of salt.
Can I make Nutella buttercream frosting ahead of time and store it?
You can make Nutella buttercream frosting in advance and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. When ready to use, bring it to room temperature and rewhip for a smooth consistency.
How do I achieve the right consistency for Nutella buttercream frosting?
To achieve the desired consistency, you can adjust the amount of powdered sugar. For a thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar; for a thinner consistency, add a small amount of milk.
- POWDERED SUGAR
- NUTELLA OR OTHER HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE SPREAD
For more buttercream recipes, try:
Nutella Buttercream Frosting
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
- 1 tsp vanilla
- milk if needed
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and powdered sugar until combined.
- Add in the Nutella and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes. If needed you can a little milk to get the desired consistency, but I didn’t need any. Makes enough frosting to frost 2 dozen cupcakes.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Treaty.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Nutella Puff Pastry from Summer Scraps
- Nutella Cheesecake Bars from Creations by Kara
- Homemade Nutella from Ashlee Marie
- Nutella Mousse Cookie Cups from Butter With a Side of Bread
- Nutella Banana Crepes from The Baker Upstairs
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies from Life Made Simple
- Slow Cooker Nutella Brownie Pudding from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Nutella Strawberry Pie from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Easy Bacon Nutella Souffle from The Stay At Home Chef
- Nutella S’mores Bars from Bless this Mess
- Nutella Swirled Skillet Cookie from Yummy Healthy Easy