It’s now March and that means another food holiday to celebrate with you and the other #CelebratingFood2016 bloggers. For this month we went with National Oreo Day which is TODAY! An ice cold glass of milk and an Oreo cookie, more specifically Oreo Buttercream Frosting!
Well, we are actually showing you ways to utilize the Oreo and take it beyond just eating it as a cookie, but a glass of milk is still a great accompaniment!
I opted to make an Oreo Buttercream Frosting. It’s perfect to top a cake or cookie with. I grabbed a box of triple chocolate cake mix and made the recipe I have for perfect cake mix cupcakes, swirled on the sweet frosting and finished them off with a mini Oreo. They were perfect!
I also have some other options for ya to pick from to celebrate this day in the frosting just isn’t sticking your fancy your fancy! I had a hard time not drooling while putting this post together.
Oreo Buttercream Frosting and other Oreo Recipes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ½ cups butter softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp whipping cream
- 12 Oreo cookies finely crushed
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Add in half the powdered sugar until combined.
- Then add in the cream and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Then beat in the remaining sugar. Then fold in the Oreos.
- Makes enough frosting for 24 cupcakes for a 9 x 13 inch cake.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- Fried Oreos
- Oreo Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting
- Grasshopper Ice Cream Dessert (Asphalt Pie)
- Thin Mint Oreo Pops
- Cookies & Cream Poke Cake
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mint Oreo Pops
- Lighter Mini Cheesecakes with Oreo Crust
- Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
- Mint Cookies and Cream Fudge
More Oreo Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Chocolate Oreo Cream Cake
- Cool Mint Oreo Brownie Cupcakes
- Mini No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Heart Cheesecake
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Chunky Monkey Pie
- French Silk Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Double Chocolate Crunch Homemade Ice Cream
- Homemade Oreos
- Oreo Truffles
More Oreo Recipes from The Celebrating Food Bloggers
- Ice Cream Cone Oreo Ball from Ashlee Marie
- Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops from The Stay at Home Chef
- Oreo Turtle Bars from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- Peanut Butter Oreo Brownie Cups from Like Mother Like Daughter
- Oreo Owl Cupcakes from Butter With A Side of Bread
- Cookies & Cream Cheesecake Brownies from The Baker Upstairs
- Andes Peppermint Oreo Cookies from Creations by Kara
- Oreo Topped Cheesecake Brownies from Life Made Simple Bakes