I can not believe that Mother’s Day is this Sunday! Well, today I am sharing a tasty no bake white chocolate cheesecake that would be the perfect dessert for that day. It also includes an amazing roasted strawberry topping.
Now you originally make this cheesecake recipe in a regular pie plate. However, I make it in a 9 inch spring form pan. I think that it is more that rich enough having a serving from the spring form pan. Plus, it serves more and is less calories per serving.
The cheesecake begins with a simple graham cracker crust.
You make it with graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter. Then you press the mixture into the spring form pan and then placed in the fridge while you make the filling. There is no need for baking of the crust is, just refrigeration time.
For the filling, you start with cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Just beat together until smooth. Then in a microwave safe bowl, you will add the white chocolate along with some heavy cream. You will microwave it for 30 seconds, then mix together. If it isn’t melted and blend together, then microwave for 15 second increments until it is all melted and combined. Now, you are going to add the white chocolate mixture to the cream cheese mixture along with salt, vinegar, and vanilla. Set this aside.
In another bowl, you are going to whip com heavy cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Once you beat the cream to firm peaks, you will fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Take the filling and spread it on top of the crust. Then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
While the cheesecake chills, you are going to make the topping. You will add 2 lbs of strawberries cut into quarters to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Then you are going to mix in some salt, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest You will bake this for 30 minutes at 425 degrees. You will want to give it a stir every 10 minutes. Once cooked allow to cool Then chill and serve on top of the cheesecake. The roasted topping is much easier that cooking on the stove top and the results are amazing!
- GRAHAM CRACKER CRUMBS
- BROWN SUGAR
- CREAM CHEESE
- POWDERED SUGAR, DIVIDED
- WHITE CHOCOLATE, MELTED
- HEAVY CREAM
- WHITE VINEGAR
- LEMON JUICE
- LEMON ZEST
- 1 ¼ c graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Roasted Strawberry Topping:
- 2 lbs strawberries, washed
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of half a lemon
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For the crust, mix all ingredients together and press down firmly into a 9 inch spring form pan. Place in fridge to set.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up the white chocolate into chunks. Cover with ¼ cup the heavy cream and microwave in 30 second. Stir together. If not smooth and melted, then microwave for 15 second until melted and combined. Don’t over heat or the chocolate will seize.
- In a separate bowl, cream together your cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar together until smooth. Add in your white chocolate mixture 1 tsp of the vanilla, vinegar and salt. Make sure to mix it well.
- In another bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup cream with the remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture. Spread filling over the crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut the tops off the the strawberries and cut into fourths. Place in a n a 9×13 glass pan. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Pour into another container and allow to cool. Can allow to cool completely in the fridge if desired.
- To serve, cut the cheesecake into 12 pieces and serve each piece a spoonful of the strawberry topping.
This recipe is adapted from Priceless Bakes.