It’s day 2 of Fall Treat Week and I’ve got a recipe that has quickly become a new family favorite. This recipe for night owl s’mores treat is also my third contribution to Bake for the Cure.
I love to eat s’mores in the Fall. Cooking a marshmallow over a warm and toasty fire is fun on a cool Autumn evening. However, this s’more recipe doesn’t require a fire and comes together so quickly. I found the night owl s’mores treat recipe posted on Tasty Kitchen by another fellow Utahn! You can have this easy snack put together in about 20 minutes.
Golden graham cereal is paired with mini marshmallows. Then they are coated in a gooey chocolate covering made from corn syrup, butter, milk chocolate chips, and vanilla.
I have another bonus snack recipe for you to go along with the Fall theme and s’mores recipe today. Make a s’more but instead of using graham crackers use apple slices! Yummy! Here are some other s’mores recipes I love!
- HONEY GRAHAM CEREAL (LIKE GOLDEN GRAHAMS)
- CORN SYRUP
- MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- 9 cups honey graham cereal (like Golden Grahams)
- ¾ cups corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 (11-½ oz) pkg milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
- Measure 9 cups of graham cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter and milk chocolate chips. Stir constantly until chocolate chips are melted and ingredients are combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir quickly until cereal is coated with chocolate. Stir in the marshmallows.
- Pour mixture onto cookie sheet and using a slightly damp hand, press into the pan.
***This recipe is best if made and devoured the same day. Otherwise the cereal gets soft the next day. I believe this is due to the high content of corn syrup in the recipe. I have had readers freeze it until ready to eat and it hasn’t been soggy.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in August 2017.