Who doesn’t love s’mores? Here’s a recipe for s’mores that you can make indoors and they are less messy to eat than the original.
The recipe came from off a box of Golden Grahams. I followed the stove top directions. This is definitely a kid pleaser.
These are best if you eat them the same day. The cereal tends to get soft the next day.
- 8 cups Golden Graham Cereal
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, if desired
- Microwave directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13×9-inch pan. In large microwavable bowl, microwave 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter uncovered on High 2 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal; quickly toss until completely coated. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows.
- Press mixture evenly in pan, using buttered back of spoon. Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour, or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar. For squares, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 days.
- Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13×9-inch pan. In 3-quart saucepan, heat 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Continue as directed above.