Who doesn’t love s’mores? Here’s a recipe for indoor s’mores. You can make these indoors and they are less messy to eat than the original.
The recipe came from off a box of Golden Grahams. I followed the stove top directions. This is definitely a kid pleaser.
These are best if you eat them the same day. The cereal tends to get soft the next day.
This is basically about the same as making a recipe of rice krispie treats. You add some golden graham cereal into a large bowl. Then in a microwave safe bowl, you’ll add some marshmallows, chocolate chips, corn syrup, and butter. You melt that together in the microwave and then mix in some vanilla.
Next, you pour the melted mixture over the Golden Graham cereal. Quickly toss until the cereal is coated with the mixture. Then mix in a cup of miniature marshmallows. Then and the mixture to a buttered 9 x 13 inch pan and press into the pan. Allow to cool and cut into squares.
- GOLDEN GRAHAM CEREAL
- MINIATURE MARSHMALLOWS
- MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS (I USED SEMI-SWEET)
- LIGHT CORN SYRUP
- BUTTER OR MARGARINE
- 8 cups Golden Graham Cereal
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, if desired
- Microwave directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13×9-inch pan. In large microwavable bowl, microwave 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter uncovered on High 2 minutes to 3 minutes 30 seconds, stirring after every minute, until melted and smooth when stirred. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal; quickly toss until completely coated. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows.
- Press mixture evenly in pan, using buttered back of spoon. Let stand uncovered at least 1 hour, or refrigerate if you prefer a firmer bar. For squares, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store loosely covered at room temperature up to 2 days.
- Stove-Top Directions: Into large bowl, measure cereal. Butter 13×9-inch pan. In 3-quart saucepan, heat 5 cups marshmallows, the chocolate chips, corn syrup and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted; remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Continue as directed above.