I am excited for this week’s posts. I am doing a theme week for you and the theme is “Fall Snacks”. Now, I have put together some great snacks that would be perfect for a football party, Halloween party, or even just for a relaxing weekend when you need a quick and delicious snack. The requirements I had when picking the recipes where: it had to make me think of Fall and they must be fast and easy to put together. This Caramel Peanut Butter Apple Dip fit my criteria.
One thing I always think of with Fall is fresh apples. I also really enjoy dipping wedges of them in caramel or peanut butter. Then I saw a recipe for caramel peanut butter apple dip over at The Other Side of Fifty. It actually combines the caramel and peanut butter into one fabulous dip for apples. It would also be excellent with bananas too. I did use caramel apple dip in place of the caramel sauce. I think this made a thicker dip. This dip comes together fast and tastes fantastic with the apples. You only need 3 ingredients to put this together too. Yum! Let the Fall snack week begin!!!!!
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (I used caramel apple dip from the produce department in place of the caramel sauce)
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 1 Tbsp chopped peanuts as garnish (optional)
- Combine the caramel sauce and peanut butter until smooth.
- Fold in the marshmallow fluff. Spoon dip into serving bowl and top with optional chopped peanuts.
- Serve with sliced apple.