One of my favorite meals growing up was stroganoff. Unfortunately, my husband is not a fan. I did finally find the recipe for the ultimate beef stroganoff that my husband would eat. He would however still prefer a hamburger version. I saw this recipe for Mock Stroganoff in my February issue of Simple and Delicious and figured he would love this version. It was quick and simple. I did make some changes to the recipe, so this is my version.
- NOODLES (BOW TIE, ROTINI, PENNE, WHATEVER YOU WANT)
- GROUND BEEF
- FRESH MUSHROOMS
- BROWN GRAVY MIX
- SOUR CREAM
- GREEN ONION
- 4 cups uncooked noodles (Bow tie, rotini, penne, whatever you want)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (I left this out because I’m the only mushroom lover at my house)
- 1 1/2 cup cups water
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- diced green onion, optional
- additional sour cream, optional
- Cook noodles according to package.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, onions, and mushrooms over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in water and gravy mix. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and mix in sour cream. Server over cooked noodles. Top with additional sour cream and green onion if desired. The green onion adds a nice and fresh flavor to the dish. Serves 4-5