This is the last of the Pillsbury Bake Off recipes I sampled at my recent tips to General Mills headquarters. This recipes for Mini Ice Cream Cookie Cups was created by Sue Compton using the Pillsbury Ready to Bake Sugar Cookies. It was the million dollar winning recipe in 2010.
I thought this was a fun way to serve up ice cream and they were tasty! They also look amazing. I would be careful though not to overcook these cups or they will be too crunchy and difficult to eat.
- 1 (16 oz) pkg. Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies (24 cookies)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla bean ice cream, softened
- 24 fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Place 1 cookie dough round in each muffin cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the sugar in small bowl. Dip end of wooden spoon handle in sugar; carefully press into center of each cookie to make 1-inch-wide indentation. Cool completely in pan, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix walnuts and remaining 2 teaspoons sugar; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Run knife around edges of cups to loosen; gently remove from pan. Dip rim of each cup into melted chocolate, then into walnut mixture. Place walnut side up on cookie sheet with sides.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave jam uncovered on High about 15 seconds until melted. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam into each cup. Freeze cups about 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Spoon ice cream into cups, using small cookie scoop or measuring tablespoon. Top each cup with fresh raspberry; serve immediately.
To make ahead of time: Prepare cookie cups through step 5 omitting jam. Store covered up to two days at room temperature. When ready to serve, fill with jam, ice cream and top with raspberry.