Today’s recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza Rolls turns a sweet recipe into a savory one. I used the same method that I use for my quick and easy cinnamon rolls, but the sugary sweet cinnamon filling is replaced with a delicious savory barbecue chicken. All that you would expect from a bbq chicken pizza is rolled up cinnamon roll style!
This is just another fun way to change up the traditional pizza night!
- 1 1/8 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 T yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar or honey
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 eggs
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce**
- 1 cup fully cooked diced chicken
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- 1 ½ cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, mix together water, oil, yeast, and sugar and let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs – gradually add flour.
- Roll out into a 12 x 16 rectangle on a well floured surface. Spread barbecue sauce over the dough. Then sprinkle chicken and onion over the dough, followed by the shredded cheese. Starting on long side, roll toppings into dough like a cinnamon roll; seal edge. Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 slices.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes. You want it to almost be double in size. While they rise preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Serves 6.
Recipe inspired by Becky Low.