I originally saw these cute little Mini Ham and Cheese Rolls on Big Red Kitchen. Then I saw Annemarie on Taste Buds post them. It reminded me of how I wanted to try them, so I finally made them. These are a fun and tasty way to make a sandwich.
I did follow Annemarie’s instruction and reduced the poppy seeds from 1 Tbsp. to 1 tsp. and thought they were perfect. I only made half a recipe and it was just right for my family of 5. My daughter only ate one roll. I used a package of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for my recipe. The package is 12 oz with 12 mini sized rolls. It was delish!
Mini Ham and Cheese Rolls
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard I used Honey Dijon
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 dozen dinner rolls or 2 dozen party rolls I used 1 pkg of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls for half a recipe
- ½ lb thinly sliced ham
- ½ lb thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a small mixing bowl mix onion, mustard, poppy seeds, and melted butter. Leaving the dinner rolls intact, slice them open so that you have one solid top and bottom. Place the bottom half on a baking sheet or in a 9x13 inch baking pan, the pan size will depend on choice of rolls.
- Line the bottom half of the rolls with cheese slices and ham. Return the top part of the rolls and drizzle the butter mixture evenly over top. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Now use a sharp knife and separate the little sandwiches. Place on a pretty platter and serve immediately.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in January 2014.