Many of you know how my family is big fans of Mexican food. I have so many yummy recipes you think I would be covered. I don’t think I can ever have too many. This is another one that is made in the slow cooker so it is so easy to make. The result is a very moist and flavorful Mexican shredded beef that is perfect for any dish – tacos, burritos, tostadas, salads etc.
I managed to get two meals out of one recipe of this Mexican Shredded Beef. I made tacos one time, then put the leftover meat in the freezer for another time. The next meal I made tostadas. Both were fabulous. I want to make burritos with this meat next time, I really think they will taste spectacular.
- 1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Place roast in a slow cooker along with beef broth.
- Squeeze lime juice over roast.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred removing any fat.
- Return meat to crock pot and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove beef from slow cooker and serve in your favorite Mexican dish.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy.