It’s pumpkin week! I have some tasty recipes involving pumpkin for you all this week like this maple glazed pumpkin coffee cake.
This is one of my most favorite times of year. I love pumpkin recipes. They truly make it feel like fall, which is my most favorite season.
So, I have heard that there is a shortage of pumpkin this year. If you love to make pumpkin recipes as much as I do, then you probably should grab a few cans to make sure you can get your pumpkin fix this year.
To start off the week, I have a coffee cake for you. This cake is so moist and tender. Then, you have a nice crunch from the pecans. The top gets a nice warm cinnamony streusel layer, but it doesn’t stop there.
Sure this coffee cake would be great if you just finished with the streusel, but it goes beyond that. It includes a maple glaze. The addition of this sweet maple flavored glaze is what makes this cake spectacular.
Give this pumpkin recipe a try. I guarantee it will be on your list each year to make!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup walnuts
- Streusel Topping:
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp maple flavoring
- ¼ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Then beat in the egg, butter, milk, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until just blended.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch pan and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- In another bowl, blend the streusel ingredients together with a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine the glaze ingredients together and drizzle over the coffee cake. Serves 9.
Recipe adapted from The Gunny Sack.