Years ago, I started creating a collection of zucchini recipes. It was out of necessity. This loaded zucchini skins recipe was included. I had zucchini growing in my garden like crazy.
Well now, I have no garden. However, I still am more than happy to take any excess zucchini from my friends or neighbors. When it comes down to it, I will even purchase some from the grocery store. I love zucchini. It is one of my favorite veggies. I love how versatile it is.
It just so happens to be National Zucchini Day today. So I had to celebrate such a holiday for one of my most favorite veggies! I also teamed up with the #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers to provide you a collection of zucchini recipes. They are all worthy of this food holiday. Be sure to check out the collection after today’s recipe.
Now for today’s recipe, it’s a twist on the classic appetizer of loaded potato skins. I swapped out the potato and replaced it with zucchini. I must admit, I think I like the zucchini version better.
- OLIVE OIL
- CHILI POWDER
- KOSHER SALT
- FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- GREEN ONIONS
Loaded Zucchini Skins
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut ends off of zucchinis and then in half lengthwise. Using a metal spoon, scrape the seeds out from the center. Then cut each half into four pieces.
- Place zucchini on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Then toss to coat. Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and toss to coat again.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Sprinkle each piece of zucchini with cheese followed by the bacon.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes more until cheese is melted and zucchini is tender. Garnish with sour cream and green onions and serve. Makes 16 zucchini skins.
Recipe adapted from Delish.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Zucchini Recipes (all pictured above)
- Italian Chicken Sausage Zucchini Noodle One Pot Dish from Ashlee Marie
- Cheesy Zucchini Tots from Life Made Simple
- Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies from Creations by Kara
- Zucchini Fritters from The Baker Upstairs
- Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles from Namely Marly
- Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries from Foodie with Family
- Cheesy Grilled Zucchini Boats from Hey Grill Hey
- Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
More Zucchini Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Zucchini Marinara Subs
- Zucchini Noodles
- Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls
- Zucchini Flatbread
- Zucchini Cake with Sour Cream Frosting
- Panko Encrusted Fried Zucchini
- Pineapple Zucchini Cake
- Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
- Praline Zucchini Bundt
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake
- Marinated Zucchini Salad
- Baked Zucchini Fries