Years ago, I started creating a collection of zucchini recipes. It was out of necessity. This loaded zucchini skins recipe was included. I had zucchini growing in my garden like crazy.
Well now, I have no garden. However, I still am more than happy to take any excess zucchini from my friends or neighbors. When it comes down to it, I will even purchase some from the grocery store. I love zucchini. It is one of my favorite veggies. I love how versatile it is.
It just so happens to be National Zucchini Day today. So I had to celebrate such a holiday for one of my most favorite veggies! I also teamed up with the #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers to provide you a collection of zucchini recipes. They are all worthy of this food holiday. Be sure to check out the collection after today’s recipe.
Now for today’s recipe, it’s a twist on the classic appetizer of loaded potato skins. I swapped out the potato and replaced it with zucchini. I must admit, I think I like the zucchini version better.
- OLIVE OIL
- CHILI POWDER
- KOSHER SALT
- FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SOUR CREAM
- GREEN ONIONS
Recipe adapted from Delish.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Zucchini Recipes (all pictured above)
- Italian Chicken Sausage Zucchini Noodle One Pot Dish from Ashlee Marie
- Cheesy Zucchini Tots from Life Made Simple
- Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies from Creations by Kara
- Zucchini Fritters from The Baker Upstairs
- Vegan Pad Thai Zucchini Noodles from Namely Marly
- Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries from Foodie with Family
- Cheesy Grilled Zucchini Boats from Hey Grill Hey
- Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
More Zucchini Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- Zucchini Marinara Subs
- Zucchini Noodles
- Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Rolls
- Zucchini Flatbread
- Zucchini Cake with Sour Cream Frosting
- Panko Encrusted Fried Zucchini
- Pineapple Zucchini Cake
- Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
- Praline Zucchini Bundt
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake
- Marinated Zucchini Salad
- Baked Zucchini Fries