I think this muffin recipe would be the perfect thing to surprise mom with on Mother’s Day! Make her breakfast in bed and serve up these lemon crumb muffins along with some yogurt and fresh fruit.
The sugary crumb topping is what make these muffins exceptionally good. It pairs so well with the tangy lemon flavor.
Oh, and moms, feel free to share this link with your loved ones as a “HINT” on what you would like to wake up to on Mother’s Day morning. These also would work well to serve at a shower with a brunch menu too.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 +1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 TBSP grated lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line with paper liners 24 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel, and lemon juice.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups with batter filling 3/4 of the way full.
- To prepare the topping, mix the flour and sugar together in a small bowl. Then cut in the butter until you have coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the muffins.
- Bake at 350 degrees fro 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the muddle of a muffin comes out clean. Do not over bake. Serve warm. Makes 24 muffins.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.