I have made Korean beef before but never as a wrap. I think I loved it even more in a wrap! A Korean beef lettuce wrap that is!
One thing I love about Korean beef is it is FULL of flavor. These Korean beef lettuce wraps are easy to make and are made with ground beef. The whole dish is ready in about 15 minutes and is also gluten-free if you use tamari instead of soy sauce. Quick, easy, flavorful!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup Tamari or soy sauce (use Tamari to make it gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped – white and light green parts, and dark parts divided
- white pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 head butter or Boston Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice. While the rice cooks, mix the Tamari or soy sauce in a bowl along with the sugar, chili garlic sauce, and ginger together.
- In a skillet add the sesame oil and ground beef. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add in the white and light green parts of the green onion, white pepper, and garlic and cook for a minute. Add in the soy sauce (or Tamari) mixture and cook for a minute more.
- Spoon some rice on the lettuce leaves followed by some of the meat mixture and garnish with the dark ree parts of the green onion along with sesame seeds. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Iowa Girl Eats.