Today’s kids in the kitchen recipe goes along with this week’s lemonade theme. It is a simple punch that involves a little cooking to get it made. To make this punch extra yummy and cold you can make ice cubes out of lemonade and cranberry juice to add to the punch. I could not find the 6 oz can of lemonade concentrate used in the recipe so I just use half of a 12 oz can.Print
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (6 oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 cups of cranberry juice
- 3 cups water
- In a medium sauce pan, add the 2 cups of water with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolve(until you can no longer see the sugar) into the water. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, add to a pitcher along with the lemonade concentrate, cranberry juice, and 3 cups of water.
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator to get cold for at least one hour.
- Makes 8 cups.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living Kids Cookbook.