If you like that creamy dreamy version of mac and cheese, you know the way to accomplish that is to use Velveeta cheese. This Instant Pot Velveeta mac and cheese that exactly that with the ease of using a pressure cooker.
My family is a Velveeta loving group when it comes to mac and cheese. I tend to favor the mac and cheese using the block cheese shredded. Now with this Instant Pot Velveeta mac and cheese my family actually liked it but said it could use less Velveeta. So in the recipe below I added a range of Velveeta to use. This recipe also has a little bit of cheddar cheese too, which I really appreciate.
It starts by adding in your uncooked pasta to the slow cooker with water, salt, pepper, and butter. If you want a little more extra flavor you can use half chicken broth and half water. Either way will be tasty. Then you just cook it in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes!
After it cooks there is no need to drain the pasta. Just go ahead and add in some milk with the Velveeta and little bit of shredded cheddar cheese. Using the sauté mode, you mix in those ingredients until melted and creamy. It should take too long because that pasta will already be super hot.
You can always mix in anything else you like with your mac and cheese like steamed broccoli or cooked and crumbled bacon. Bacon is one of my favorite mac and cheese mix ins!
- ELBOW MACARONI
- VELVEETA CHEESE
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
Instant Pot Velveeta Mac and Cheese
Real Mom Kitchen
- 16 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp butter cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 12-16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed I prefer the 12 oz
- ½ cup milk or more if needed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Add the uncooked macaroni into the Instant Pot. Pour the water over the pasta and top with the pieces of butter, salt, and pepper.Secure the lid onto your Instant Pot and make sure valve is in the sealing position.
- Set to cook on high-pressure for 5 minutes. At the end of cooking, place a damp towel over the top of the instant pot and do a quick release. (The damp towel will help to eliminate spatter as the steam releases.)
- Hit Cancel, and turn the instant pot on the sauté setting. Mix in the milk, Velveeta, and shredded cheddar cheese into the cooked macaroni. You can add more milk if needed. Stir constantly until all of the cheese is melted.
- Turn off and allow to sit for a few minutes to thicken.
Recipe adapted from The Two Bite Club.