If you have an instant pot or pressure cooker, there really is no reason to make that blue box of mac and cheese anymore! The instant pot makes it so easy to make it yourself that it would be silly not to.
This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe uses 3 cheeses, but they are the 3 that I tend to always have on hand. Then, I also added some more cheese on top for serving. I mean it’s mac and cheese! You can’t go wrong with more cheese on top.
You basically but everything but the milk and cheese in the instant pot, then it cooks for 5 minutes, followed by a quick release. After that, just mix in the milk and cheese until melty and you’re done. See, you have to make it on your own if you have one. It is so simple to make and ready in no time at all.
- 1 lb. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- In the instant pot, add in the macaroni, chicken broth, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and make sure valve is set to sealing. Select manual and set for 5 minutes.
- Once done, release pressure manually. If you get any foaming from the valve close back up and try again in a couple of minutes. The foaming should stop. This sometimes happens when doing a quick release with pasta.
- Remove lid and mix in cheese and milk. Stir until all the cheese is melted. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from The Salt Marshmallow.